Thursday, February 18, 2010

Help With a Food Drive

The Universe really works in mysterious ways and gives us the opportunities we ask for. It turns out that one of the followers of this blog and fellow peewee soccer coach (Go Black Shirt Team) Juliana, is organizing a food drive for the Morris County Interfaith Food Pantry.

This is the very same food pantry that my son and I visited earlier this week. It turns out that Juliana works with seniors in our area, many of whom receive food from the Pantry. Her contacts at the Food Pantry told her the same thing I had learned (please see "Food For Thought" posted below). They are suffering from a severe shortage of food causing a real crisis with the families that rely on them for sustenance. She agreed to hold a food drive because of the dire situation.

My goal is to collect and provide 100 individual food items to Juliana's food drive. As part of my commitment to kindness, I will pledge to pick up food donations from anyone reading this blog, that wants to donate. The food drive collection will take place on February 27th and 28th so If you are interested, you can give me a call, send me an email or post a note here and I will respond.

Thanks for your help and like I've said before, "a little goes a long way when it comes to kindness". Okay, I haven't said that before but it sounds good, doesn't it?

No comments: