Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Be Kind to Nature

The picture above was taken last year when was backpacking with Dave and George, two of my very best friends. The picture above is real, it wasn't doctored and I'm no genius with a camera. I wanted to capture what I felt and saw at that moment above Feather Falls. It was as close to a Zen moment as I could come.

I think that nature is our greatest gift and our greatest responsibility. We need to be kind to her. We need to perform simple acts of kindness for her like recycling, composting, and conservation.

Today, maybe I'll be a little more thankful for my surroundings. I'll pick up the wrapper that didn't make it into the garbage can. I'll daydream about planting a vegetable garden this spring. I'll see what I can do to make the world a little more beautiful.

1 comment:

patrice said...

Beautiful picture...so tranquil...