Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hockey Tickets

A good buddy of mine recently graduated from law school. I had tried to warn him off going but he insisted on inflicting the pain and suffering on himself anyways! As a sort of gift, I invited him and his wife to the Devils v. Rangers game last night along with my little boy (his first hockey experience).

I got the tickets through a business contact and these seats were "fat". They were in the 17th row in the Prudential Center and it came with access to a food court, all of which was included in the price of the ticket. A nice way to spend the evening.

Alas, my buddy's babysitter cancelled at the last minute. Not only did he recently finish law school but he has a young child and one on the way. A busy man to say the least. He was very depressed that he couldn't go but these things happen.

All of this happened at about 4:45 pm, 2 hours before the game was to start. What was I going to do with the extra tickets? Undeterred, I called my "go to guy" for last minute sporting events, my brother Ken. He's a huge Ranger's fan, and he asked his oldest son to come along. We were in business.

The hockey game was great with the Devils v. Rangers rivalry and the seats were spectacular. My son's favorite part, cotton candy and the Zamboni! Gotta love a five year old.

So although my act of kindness started going in one direction and ended up somewheres else, it was still a great evening. Well, except that my buddy watched on TV.


1 comment:

Scott Nagle said...

I am available for future Rangers games! :)